Also known as “12 inch Orange Shaped Spring Tray Foldable”
The 12″ Foldable Spring tray is a very creative item in our Kitchen & Dining Room Aesthetics Category. It’s a perfect marriage of proportionate designing and symmetry by the artisans of Pakistan. The spring tray is actually a hybrid of a tray and a bowl. Basically, over the base plate, which is a standard wooden circular piece, another circular plate is placed and cut from specific portions like a spring. To understand spring cutting, take a piece of paper and draw a circle and without lifting your pen draw another circle inside and so on making a coil so that the beginning of the circle does not meet the end. Now imagine this being done with a knife or a very sharp cutter and the paper is actually a circular piece of wood.
When the wood is cut in this way of a coil, you can lift the beginning end of the coil vertically from the wood. In a spring tray, since the beginning end of the coil is connected with the mass of the circular plate, when you lift the coil it comes up with the mass and forms a bowl.
In this particular Spring tray, the cutting has been done in three places which when lifted forms a bowl having three equal portions. The outer area of the circular plate helps in lifting the spring coils and forms a handle. And not only this, there is brilliant beautification of hand carving done on the brim of the bowl, the handle and insides of the bowls.
A truly inspiring display of creativity and talent at the part of the artisans of Pakistan.
- The Spring tray has a diameter of 12 inches.
- To lift the coils and make a bowl, lift the outer coils gently and progressively lift the preceding coils when the bowl begins to form, the handle will also rise, slowly lift the handle so its fully upright and the bowl is fully formed.
- The spring tray is made of rose wood and is fully handmade.
- The tray is treated with surface hardeners for longevity.
- This is a limited stock item.
- This product has a weight of around 1.5 kg.
When flattened, use the tray for serving, and if you’ve lifted it to be a bowl, it becomes a handy carrier for fruits, dry fruits or your favorite munchies.
Place it on your dinner table, food trolley or counter and leave a lasting impression on guests. We bet this item from your collection will grab everyone’s attention and praise.
There are no reviews yet.